Dear Jacob,
How time flies so fast! I had been oblivious of the days you have been with us, with me. It's about t year now since we met and you being so chivalrous did something no man has ever done for me. You rolled the stone. And now you're working and waiting for the day we'll be married and be together as man & wife.
I do not wish to count the days. It simply will not do. My heart slowly recognizes your presence and it just gives me a reason to smile all day. I wish the days of waiting will be over soon. But there are still six more years to go through. I do not mind the wait because i will be spending the rest of my life with you. What is seven years compared to a lifetime?
However, there are moments when i feel like i cannot wait anymore. Sometimes, my heart just aches for the thought of you and me together. My eyes fill with tears of joy as i remember your face. I know the work must be tiring but i also know you are not baffled by it. Hang on my dear Jacob. A few more years and your labor will reap its reward. You do not have any idea what this waiting is doing to me but i believe it has taught me patience more than anything else. I'm also learning to trust you and your God. It's funny how things would work this way but i have never been happier.
Take care always.
your rachel
It's quite a thing to notice Rachel was somehow impatient while Jacob saw the years like a few years only.
ReplyDeleteIt's not Jacob's letters to Rachel, remember? Who knows what's on his mind anyway? :)
Delete