Dear Jacob,
How are the sheep doing? I'm sure they're thriving under your care. You are looking more rugged every day. I believe the sun and the dessert is doing you good.
I had a talk with Leah today. She seemed happy about the arrangement. But i can't help but notice the sadness in her eyes. I guess it must be hard on her knowing that I'm pledged to be married and not her. I begin to question whether marriage is the only thing for women to wait about. What if nobody speaks for her? What if nobody spoke for me? I guess life must be unfair at times. But I don't know how to comfort her. We're supposed to just wait till these things are ironed out. Only our fathers and brothers have the authority to give us into marriage. We cannot even choose the man we want. I feel for Leah's heart. I know she wants to marry there really is nothing before us if we don't.
How i wish i could ease her pain and uncertainty. How i wish i could tell her it's alright when i don't really know if it will be.
For now, i simply hope and pray that she also be given a man who will love her and bear her children so she won't be that lonely anymore.
And yes, seven years is worth the wait Jacob. And I am waiting.
your rachel
another side of Rachel, feeling the pain of Leah. Reminds me of Romans 12.15, weep with those who weep. Made me think of when i wept with those who wept.
ReplyDeleteyou're right... she should know... women are gifted with this... to be intuitive and sensitive... that's what we are. thanks for the comment.
ReplyDelete